Sunday, February 27, 2011

SIck kiddo

Last night Meredith started complaining of a stomach ache. Sometimes she does this and I'm pretty sure it's just for attention and a children's Tums, but this one was persistent. She had a really active morning at a birthday party at Monkey Joe's, so I was hoping she was just tired and cranky. She voluntarily went to bed early on a Saturday night, which was my first clue she wasn't right. A few hours later came that dreaded sound of a vomiting child. And so it went every few hours until the poor baby was empty of everything. I suppose it is better to happen on a weekend since none of us got any sleep last night. Also better to happen now rather than a few weeks from now when we have a newborn in the house!
I was hoping she would be much better this morning, but she is definitely lethargic. Fortunately, no more vomiting, but she's not herself at all. I also think I have a bit of the bug myself. I just got over a nasty cold (still lingering a bit) and now for a round of stomach yuckiness. My week is way too busy for this! So, Meredith and I are having a low key Sunday on the couch while Chris is busily getting Meredith's new room finished up.

No comments: