Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Arizona!

Well, after spending 4 days in 110+ temperatures in Arizona, I am happy to be home to my happy little 96 degrees! We went to Phoenix for Chris' best friend Randy's wedding. We flew out early Thursday morning and got to Arizona about 10am (the time change going out there is great, but not so fun coming home!). The flight there and back was flawless, I have to give lots of kudos to Southwest for a great experience!

Chris and I just spent most of Thursday driving around Scottsdale. We had lunch at one of our favorite places, Oreganos, the best bbq chicken pizza ever and just did some shopping and nothing of major importance, but it was great to just not have anywhere to be! We checked into the hotel late that afternoon and it was a pretty cool place. It's called the Wigwam and it is a sprawling resort that is completely done in the old adobe style. I spent the majority of my time baking in the Arizona sun at the pool and yes, I am a nice golden brown! Well, maybe a little crispy, but I quite enjoyed being at the pool with the girls while the boys braved the heat and golfed.
Thursday night we went to Katy's parents house for dinner and drinks, which was nice and her parents are really sweet. Then Friday after golf and pool, was the rehearsal and dinner. Then Saturday after golf and pool (see the theme here?) was the wedding. It was short and sweet, which we were all thankful for since it was outside, yes, I said outside in Arizona. I think it was 112 on Saturday....need I say more? Chris was in the wedding, so he was sweating buckets in his tux. The reception was tons of fun, great food, great music, great friends! Then Sunday morning they had a brunch for everyone before we headed back to the pool. It really felt like a 4 day party with all of the different dinners, cocktail parties, pool parties and since no one had their kids, we could all just relax and enjoy eachothers company.

We flew out at the crack of dawn on Monday and got home around 4:00, which totally stunk since we had just gotten used to the AZ time change. Meredith did well with her grandparents and they seemed to totally enjoy the time they spent with her. She does seem to be a bit spoiled, but what do you expect?

Now, we are back for a few days before we fly out on Friday morning for Michigan. Whew, I'm already tired.

No comments: