Monday, September 10, 2007

My little dancing queen!

Well, out of state wedding #2 has come and gone. We left early Friday morning only to be delayed out of RDU and then we spent a lovely 6 hours in Chicago-O'hare airport because of bad weather. Our flight to Grand Rapids was completely cancelled and then we couldn't get on another American flight, so we ended up on a United flight instead. After spending that much time in a crowded aiport with an 19 month old, I was thankful to be on any flight at all. So, our plans of having a relaxing afternoon to hang out at the hotel pool were totally shot. We got to the hotel around 9:00pm, ate dinner nearby and went to bed. Meredith did get to see her cousins briefly that night, but after such a long day, we all needed to sleep.

We got up on Saturday and did a little pool time for the kiddos, coffee for the adults and then before we knew it, we had to get ready to leave for my cousin Becky's wedding. The wedding was outside on this huge deck overlooking Lake Michigan. It was a warm, but beautiful day and the wedding was very nice. Once again, short and sweet, which was good since my little one was heading downhill already. They had a nice reception and provided a babysitter on-site as well. I was very happy to deposit my wiggly, grumpy, tired little girl with the babysitter for awhile so that I could actually have a full conversation without being cut off by chasing a child! Then after awhile, we went and got her and brought her upstairs thinking we'd probably be leaving shortly. Well, the dj was playing by this point and she ran out to the dance floor and just starting dancing like crazy! She was totally the life of the party. It was the funniest thing I've ever seen! She just kept going and going like the energizer bunny! She'd stop to take a drink of water or take a brief intermission to go run back out to the deck area, but then she'd head right back in to beebop some more. I think someone actually took a video of her, so I may post it if I end up getting it. Anyway, she stole the show from her dad , who usually does some pretty silly stuff on the dance floor. I almost had to drag her off the dance floor to head back to the hotel, but she fell asleep within 2 minutes in the car. Fun stuff :)

Then Sunday the whole noisy family had breakfast at the hotel and then we had to get packed up and head to the airport again. Thankfully, everything was totally smooth for the trip home. I don't think I could have handled any more delays. Overall, Meredith did very well on the plane. She only slept for one short leg, but all in all, she did well. We only got a few dirty looks from other passengers (by the way, please take mercy on parents travelling with young children- they are doing the best they can in very close quarters!!). I'm not saying that I will fly with her again any time soon, but it worked this time. I was also thankful that my mom and dad were there to help entertain and chase her! I'm relly tired today and already looking forward to a nice quiet weekend at home....no more travelling for me for awhile!

No comments: