Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Church Portraits











So, we just got our first official family portrait made for the church directory! Nothing like the good ol' Lutherans to get you out for a family picture! We were the suckers that ended up spending way too much on ordering some, but we just couldn't resist the ones of Meredith (they knew that too!!) These were taken about 3 weeks ago.

We had a nice long weekend. Nothing terribly exciting. We stuck pretty close to home and got important things done like cleaning out the pantry and doing lots of laundry. Oh, can my life get much more exciting?? Meredith is talking up a storm. Still nothing substantial word wise, but she is running her mouth all the time! My favorite is her way of saying kitty cat. She ends up adding several syllables and it comes out something like kidigidycat. The babysitter said that Meredith said gracias the other day too! This whole being exposed to two languages at such an early age totally makes me excited!
Something else that has me excited is that she is starting to take an interest in books (she did attempt to eat the board book that also sings songs the other day...we got a flat tire and she was awfully quiet in the car while we were changing it and it was because she had chewed an entire corner off! Cardboard is another food group, right?). She still won't sit still long enough to let me read more than a page or two, but she'll take the book and go sit at her new table and chairs (great find on craiglist!) and turn the pages and pretend to read! It is so cute! She has moments of sitting still lately, which has thoroughly amazed me and makes me realize that there is hope for this child to be calm and peaceful on occasion!

She absolutely loves being outside. She starts to throw a fit if one of us goes outside and she can't come. She ran through the sprinkler the other day, which was pretty darn cute too.

Let's see, what else. She now has all 4 of her first molars (or whatever the first really big teeth are called) that have cut through for a total of 12 teeth! Her new favorite food is an orange. She can hardly stand to wait for me to peel it because she gets so excited! Oh yeah, we have almost gotten past the milk hurdle. She has successfully had several cups of milk now. I think it's just because she's super thirsty and that's all that is in her cup, but we are at least making progress!

Chris only has about 2 weeks of school left and then he and Meredith will start their summer together (i'm so jealous!). We are still going to take her to the babysitter probably one day a week, just so she will have some continuity through the summer and we don't just plop her off in the fall to a kindof strange place and so that Chris can get things done around the house or run errands etc...trust me, I'm working on the honeydo list!!

Summer school is going well. It is overall a very easy class in comparison to last semester and I'm already half way through (I have the midterm tomorrow)! Work is work. I've been feeling a bit disenchanted lately, so I need to get myself motivated about work again somehow.

Sorry for the long post...I've been bad lately about adding anything.

No comments: