Friday, September 01, 2006






I feel like everything is going a mile a minute lately...although this work week has been miserable. My boss is on vacation all week, so it's been double duty for me and I am totally worn out! We are heading to Tennessee for the Labor Day weekend so that Meredith can see her grandparents, aunt & uncle....I don't think it matters if Chris and I come anymore. We are just the transportation at this point!
Let's see, what has been going on with Miss Meredith. She has been back at the babysitter's for two weeks now and has gotten into a better routine. It is still hard because she is sound asleep in the morning and Chris has to wake her up to take her next door and then she doesn't ever really get back to sleep. She has been eating her food well. I tried making my own babyfood the other day..green beans in the food processor! She kinda made a funny face when she first ate it because the texture and taste was a little different, but she ate it up! She has been spitting up a lot though. I can't seem to figure out what the deal is. It really wasn't this bad until she started eating more solid foods, but I'm being really careful about not overfeeding her..in fact, I'm giving her quite a bit less than the doctor recommended (I think he told me total bs because there is no way that little body could eat as much as he said!) She is definitely growing & thriving, so she is getting plenty. The only connection I see is that she seems to spit up more with orange veggies than green ones. She seems ok with fruit & cereal, but then again it could be total coincidence too. Similac changed their formula and I thought it was that, so we tried a different kind, which helped a bit, but not a huge amount, so I have no clue. I just know that my clothes have been very colorful lately with the array of carrots, sweet potatoes, peas and formula!! Yumm!
Otherwise, Meredith is just a doll. She is crawling like a mad woman and get so excited over the funniest things. She is obsessed with the cord to this floor lamp we have and she sees it across the room, locks in and off she goes. She breaths really heavy too and makes all of these funny noises like she can hardly stand it. She is really fast too!
She loves her excersaucer and we even had to extend it up to the higher level since she is so long. Oh, the funniest thing in the past week is that I got her a yellow rubber duckie for her bath since she is doing such a good job sitting up and wanting to play in the tub. Well, she thinks this duck is the coolest thing ever.....she sticks it's head in her mouth and just chews on it. She'll just sit there with this duck hanging out of her mouth and it is just hilarious! I think the key is that it feels good on her gums and it fits just right in her mouth. She is so funny!

I am posting some kinda old pictures, but still wanted to put some up...
Crawling with daddy, First food, reading the paper, the pool & happy girl :)

No comments: