Thursday, January 27, 2011

My big girl!

Meredith got her first major haircut last week (she's had two trims in the past) and absolutely loved it! I had an appointment scheduled, so made one for her at the same time. She sat really well while I got mine cut and then it was her turn. She kept saying she wanted it short, so we settled on just below her shoulders. She didn't even flinch when the girl cut off a 9" ponytail (we're donating it)! She just grinned and grinned and looked at me and said, 'Mommy, I look like a grown up!' She really does look a lot more mature and it almost makes me sad. I guess there is no denying that she is growing up since her 5th birthday is less than a week away. I even went and toured Chris' school today to do the whole parent thing to see if we want to send her there for Kindergarten. Knowing that my baby is old enough to be going to Kindergarten in the fall is a hard pill to swallow. It seems like I've wanted this for so long, but now that it's here I wish I could back peddle a bit!

Here are a few pictures from her haircut:



No comments: