Monday, May 05, 2008

Weekend

Our weekend was all over the place. Friday was Chris' field day at school, which is probably the biggest PE related event all year long, so he was at school by around 5:30am. So, I took Meredith to daycare, which always throws me off since he takes her 99.9% of the time. I end up getting to work later than I normally do since I can't take her before a certain time, so while it was nice to actually see her in the morning, it kinda threw off my whole day (plus she cries when I leave her since I take her so rarely).

Then Friday night Chris' sister and brother-in-law came to stay with us to get some time away from the hospital waiting room in High Point. Their grandfather is remaining fairly stable, but is actually in surgery again right about now to repair the remaining damage that has caused him to continue bleeding internally. More prayers please.

We had a neighborhood yardsale Saturday morning and I went to the MS Walk, which is one of our company's biggest community events of the year since our two biggest products are for MS. It was at the RBC center and apparently no one felt there was a need to direct traffic, so it was a total disaster trying to get in and park. It was a beautiful day though and it felt good to get some exercise outdoors.

Kaci and Evan ended up staying Saturday night too and then left early Sunday morning. Meredith and I went to Sunday school and decided to skip big church since she was already on her second meltdown of the morning by the end of Sunday School. She did act interested in singing some of the songs this week, but is still more interested in the toys in the classroom.

We put the pitiful amount of money we made at the yardsale towards a new kitchen table to replace the glass top one we had (note: if you have a child, a glasstop table is not a smart thing to have unless you want to buy stock in windex). It is one of those pub tables that sits higher than a regular table. We really like it even though I think it is a little big for the space. The picture shows 8 chairs and the leaf. We put 2 chairs at the island and kept 4 at the table.

No comments: