Monday, November 24, 2008

Ready for a vacation

We've had a mixed week this week. Meredith woke up puking at 11:15pm on Weds night and proceeded to vomit all night long. We finally all fell asleep at 4am and she didn't get sick again after that, but we were a sad, tired crew the next day. It seemed to be just a 24 hour thing because she was back to happy self late the next day. Chris stayed home and I had already planned to work from home that day anyway, but had tons of work to do, so it made for an interesting day. I seemed to get by without anything, but Chris started it on Saturday night...ugh

Chris went to the UNC/State game on Saturday, which was a total waste of time for him since his beloved heels got trampled. Meredith and I had a good time going to the library, grocery store and then making pumpkin bread together (she is a big helper these days). I'm a little embarrased to say that I've only recently discovered the Durham public library that is only about 6 miles from my house. We went there for early voting and it is a lovely little library, so I finally got my library card and we've been getting lots of great books for Meredith ever since (The favorites seem to be 'Fancy Nancy' and the 'If You Give a Pig a Party' collection). The most recent topic of choice for my books is potty training...lord help me. I think I'm moving in the direction of the 24 hr method of having a potty party all day. The key is finding a day that I can dedicate the entire day to it... I'm going to pretty much leave the topic alone with her until then and hope it makes a big impact since she adores parties.

Meredith and I went to Sunday school and church yesterday and had lunch with my dad and Allison at Brueggers. My Mom was down in Georgia finding her inner hippie and protesting/picketing at Ft. Benning, which is where there is something called 'School of Americas' (www.soaw.org) where the US military basically trains Latin American troops on combat tactics to take back home to continue the repression in those countries...lovely isn't it? I honestly hadn't heard much about it until my Mom told me about it. I'm really proud of her for standing up against such a terrible thing.

We're heading to TN tomorrow for Thanksgiving and then when I get back home I'm on my own at work again for two weeks while my partner goes to his grad program in another state....I get a little bitter since I had to do my entire program on my own time and I get to do his work while the company gives him most of the time to be away as' development'. Bitter...

Hope everyone had a great holiday weekend!

No comments: