Sunday, March 15, 2009

I thought that maybe just maybe by the time she was 3 I'd be cleaning up less pee and poop. Man, was I wrong. It's actually harder now since it's in underwear and not a diaper that can be thrown away. Heaven help me, this child is pushing me. I mean, she peed on herself twice while we had a playdate at Kelly's house last weekend. I had brought a change of clothes, but still had to borrow some pants from her daughter (thanks Kelly!!). I understand that playing is much more fun than sitting on the pot, but isn't sitting in nasty pants even worse? We've been fully potty training for about 6 weeks and I'm regularly tempted to put her back in diapers. It sure would be easier on me. So, if you just happen to have one of those children who just magically potty trained herself, I don't want to hear about it. It's just one of those days.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

This sounds familiar.

KCM said...

Hang in there Jessica! It will one day click with her that she is not keen on getting wet and dirty. I wish I had a wonderful idea to give you that will help her, all I can tell you is what worked with Kiera. She wanted special big girl panties and she knew that they were not going to like to be peed on. She had a few accidents but in time she got the hang of it. You may try taking her every hour to the potty, I know htat sounds more like we are trained than the kid, but when they play, you are right, they dont' want to stop to sit on the pot! Maybe ask her daycare provider what the schedule is there and what she does to get Mereidth through the day. Good Luck! kell