Monday, March 12, 2012

Happy birthday to my girls!

Meredith turned 6 last month and Caroline just had her first birthday yesterday!
We kept it pretty simple for both girls this year. We sent in some treats to her class and then just had family over for a small get together. We had been on the fence about having a big party for her and unfortunately, she had a few more issues at school, so part of the consequence was no party. I will say that she has really turned things around at school and has done an amazing job of making better choices in how she behaves. So, even though we had a rough couple of months, I am really hopeful that it is behind us now. She is really starting to pick up on more words and seems to really enjoy math. She is still taking ballet, but isn't quite as taken with it this year. So, she'll do her recital in June and then she may take a year off from dance or try a different type- I think she'd love something like hip-hop! As part of her birthday, she received money from a few people to take gymnastics. She had gone to several birthday parties at the gym and really loved it, so she took her first class last week and was thrilled! She seems to have hit yet another growth spurt. She is one of the tallest kids in her class and has really lost any baby face. She is a beautiful young lady and I get glimpses of her as a 'big kid' all the time. I still can't believe she's 6!!
Miss Caroline is now 1! How in the world did this year go by so quickly? Judy & Joe came into town to help celebrate & Mom, Papa & Allison (she had just gotten off the plane from China!). Of course, Caroline could have cared less. I also came down with some sort of stomach bug, which kinda wiped me out. I was really sad that I was sick on her big day :( We let her dig into a little cake and it took a bit for her to really dig in and then ended up enjoying feeding it to Meredith instead of eating it herself. It was really cute! Allison brought both girls beautiful dresses from China, she got some bath toys & clothes from both Nana & Mimi. Honestly, we didn't get her anything- she's one, she doesn't care! She has still been off and on with her sleeping at night. She will sleep for a couple nights, then be up for a night or two. I made it for the full year nursing, so I really hope she starts sleeping since I am basically stopping now. It is really convenient at night, but I'd much rather she just sleeps! She is really active now, which would make you think she'd sleep better. She started crawling at 10 months and 1 day! Almost immediately after that she was pulling up and cruising all over the place. No signs of walking yet, but I bet it won't be too much longer. She is most definitely a Mama's girl, which makes me feel good, but can be challenging to get much done when she is always wanting me to pick her up! She has one more tooth on top that finally cut through about 2 weeks ago. It seemed to cause her quite a bit of pain- it was this giant bulge on her gum for the longest time. So, right now she has 3 teeth and I wonder if her 1 year molars are pushing too. She is so sweet, but seems to get grumpy so easily lately. She pretty much refuses baby food these days, she has major food envy and always wants what is on your plate. Since she only has 3 teeth, I'm still a bit tentative about what I give her, but she thinks she's ready! Now that she's hit the year mark, I don't have to send food to daycare anymore, which will really make the evening bag packing easier! I'll use up the frozen milk, which should hopefully last another couple weeks and then move her right to whole milk. She has her 1 year checkup on Wednesday, so we'll see where she falls on the charts, but I have a feeling she isn't quite as big as Meredith was at the same age.

No comments: